At Johns Opticians, comfort and peace of mind are second only to a high quality eye exam
Going for an eye test can be a daunting experience for some, however at Johns Opticians the optometrist (Usman Syed) will make you feel at ease and conduct a comprehensive eye examination and thoroughly explain the findings.
Regular eye test are essential to ensure your eyes are healthy. Normally you should seek to be examined every 2 years, or more frequently if advised by your optometrists. Children under 16 and up to the age of 18 and in full time education are offered a free eye test.
NHS tests are also free for everyone age 60 and over. Sight tests are vitally important as they are more than a test to see whether you need glasses, they detect a number of eye conditions that at an early stage can be treated.
The benefits of having regular eye examinations can reveal conditions such as:
We can also give you advise on headaches, soreness/redness, flashes and floaters.
Am I entitled to a free NHS eye test
You will qualify for a free NHS sight test if:
- you are under 16
- aged 16,17 or 18 and in full time education
- you are aged 60 or over
- you are registered partially slighted (sight impaired) or blind (severely sight impaired)
- you have diabetes
- you have glaucoma
- if you have been advised by an ophthalmologist that you are at risk of glaucoma
- if you are 40 or over, and your mother, father, brother, sister, son or daughter has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- you’re a prisoner on leave from prison
- you’re eligible for an NHS complex voucher.
You are also entitled to a free NHS sight test if you:
- receive income support
- receive income based job seeker’s allowance
- receive pension credit guarantee credit
- receive income based employment and support allowance
- entitled to or named on a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate.
- on a valid HC2 or HC3 certificate.
Contact us today to book in for a sight test.