Our West Bridgford practice has been providing first class eye care for over 30 years
Whilst our practice in Hockley has been open longer, the branch of Johns Opticians on Gordon Road in West Bridgford has become well established in its own right. Opened thirty years ago by Philip John (son of the original practice owner, called David John), our West Bridgford practice has established itself as a valuable part of the local community, providing high quality eye care to residents in and around the area.
The opening of the West Bridgford branch marked a period of great success for the optical practice. David John established Johns Opticians during the 1960s, taking over a previous practice established in 1942 where he had worked as an apprentice for many years. When David John retired Philip John took over the business, helping it to continue to grow and flourish. That growth was confirmed by the opening of the second practice on Gordon Road.
Philip John continued to run Johns Opticians successfully until his retirement in 2013. It was at this time that current owners Usman and his wife Raheela Syed took over the business. The couple saw Johns Opticians as a solid investment through which they could take the next step in their careers in eye care together. Usman had worked as a locum optometrist for a number of years, whilst Raheela had developed her skills at various practices as a dispensing optician and also in managerial roles.
Just like at our Hockley branch, you will still see the name Johns Opticians above the door at our Gordon Road practice. This is through deference to the John family name as well-established and highly regarded independent opticians in the West Bridgford area.